Monday, February 05, 2007

Hush Little Baby


I have started a new bed time routine...one that I just absolutely love. In the past I would just put Isa in her crib give her her stuffed pig, place a blanket on her, give her a kiss and say goodnight as I closed the door.

Now, before I do all of this we have a few minutes of cuddling. I don't have to tell you how wonderful this is. She lies on my chest and we just hug each other. She has gotten so cuddly lately, she was never like that before. Before we would give her a hug and then she would like to be released, I guess it was because she had things to do and places to see, now she comes to us and asks for hugs.

This new routine gives me the one on one time with her that we both need, since now only get to see her for a couple of hours a day during the week, I can spend a few minutes holding her, stroking her hair and singing her lullabies. It reminds me of when she was just born and I would do this for what seams like hours to try to get her to sleep. I used to wish for the day that I would not have to do that and now I am returning to it, funny how life is.

Sweet dreams everyone.

1 comment:

motherbumper said...

That is absolutely beautiful, both the new routine and the photo. Don't you wish you could capture that feeling forever? I love how Bumper and I fit so well together in a cuddle.