Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Just A Little Update

For those who are interested here is an update on what is going on:

I did hand in my resignation last week and to be honest it was really nerve racking. I knew that it was the right thing to do but it still felt really weird to be leaving a job without having another one to be going to. Don't get me wrong, I know I will be VERY busy with the new business, there is so much to do and so much to learn. But we are taking a risk, a calculated risk but a risk never the less.

Like I have said before I am really looking forward to focusing on the business, there is so much that I want to do. I need to do more research and update the Resources that are up on the site, I want to think of other ways to make it even more helpful and interesting to parents. The other really fun thing is to search the Internet, read magazines and talk to moms about new and exciting toys that are coming out.

I am just soooo excited.

I know that it will be a lot of work but it will be very rewarding work, I find it so rewarding when we get comments from parents about the site, get suggestions on resources that should be included, a new mom group is created and moms join because I know how much support other mothers can give you.

I am also really looking forward to being able to spend more time with Isa during the week. I will be able to pick her up from day care earlier and it will not be just about coming home, eating and going to bed. We will be able to have play dates with my mom friends who are not working full time, go to the park and enjoy the nice weather that will be coming soon or just come home and play inside together.

All in all I am very happy and looking forward to what the future will bring. I will probably go off line for the rest of the week, as we get ready to open the doors.

I feel bad that I have not been able to keep up to date with all my favourite blogs, but know that I will be back and get caught up and leave a comment or two.

Cheers, everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Sounds really exciting!

Mimi said...

Congratulations. What a big step. I am applauding you for your bravery -- and so glad you get to see Isa more!