Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Cute Things She Does

This post is about all the absolutely adorable things that my little Isa does...I want to write things down because I tend to forget.

Isa, is slowly becoming her own person (at least, I think that it's slowly but maybe not) she has preferences for many things from the temperature of her food to the way I get her ready at day care.

This little girl is very particular about the temperature of her food and drink...she will only eat her food if it is hot, if it cools down she will spit it out and not eat anymore until it has been warmed up. Don't ask me where she got this habit because I certainly did not encourage it. In fact when she first started having solids (pureed baby food) I would give it to her at room temperature. Now, she wont touch the stuff...this can be a problem when we are out and about because I have to find a way to heat it up. Don't get me wrong I don't really go that out of the way...if there is no way for me to heat the food up I give it to her a room temperature and if she is hungry enough she will have it. The key word is hungry enough.

As for her milk the same rules apply...this is even harder for me to give to her cold. She will spit it out if it's not to her liking. She is such a little princess.

I am grateful that she does eat well...most of the time. We did go through a tough period a short time ago but once I discovered that she likes her food hot the problems went away.

Another quirk that Isa has is that she does not like to mix solid food (like bits of chicken or veggies) with pureed food. She likes to have them separate and if for some reason there are chunky bits in her pureed food she spits it all out. As you can imagine this is very frustrating...mostly because when I puree her stuff I am too lazy to see if there are any bits left and then I find out when she spits the whole spoon full out on me. This another thing that I have learned about her...she likes to keep her food separate none of this mixing business.

Another little thing that she likes is that when I go and pick her up at day care, I have to give her her pacifier before I can start getting her ready to go. She knows that it is in her diaper bag and that mommy gives it to her when she goes home. I call it my secrete weapon but I guess that it's no longer a secrete.

I have to say that I love to watch her play by herself. I love the way she talks to her toys and moves around. I love how every once in a while she stops and just looks at the toy that she has in her hands and examines it. Frankly, I just love looking at her and I love showering her with kisses, I love that she waddles towards me with her little arms out and follows me everywhere.


She is such an amazing little girl who has a smile for everyone and a kiss for her two favourite people.



1 comment:

scarbie doll said...

Ooh just wait. Nate says, "Code" and then hands his bottle to me to be warmed. They are so funny. The second year of life is definitely more fun than the first.