Wednesday, December 06, 2006

To Drink or not to drink

I don't know if I should be sharing this little bit about the Husband and I but what the hell...you people don't know us.

The thing is that we enjoy a nice beer or glass of wine almost every night. After Isa is in bed we get a beer/ wine and sit down to dinner or our favaourite tv show. I don't know what that makes us but I do know that it is something that we have grown up with. In our culture it is very common to have wine with dinner.

When I was pregnant I gave up alcohol right from the beginning and let me tell you it was painful. But I got over it, and once Isa was born I would sneek in a sip of wine right after I would feed her.

I have a friend who is about 4 or 5 months pregnant and she has told me that she will in fact have a sip of alcohol once she is 7 months along. I don't know if I could do this, I would be too paranoid that I would hurt the baby. I know that I would start to imagine the worst things and just work myself into an early labour. So no booze for me while pregnant.

For this reason I savour the drinks that I have now because there will come a time when I will not be able to have any for too long of a time.

So on a related topic...it was the Husband's work X-mass party last weekend and I know and are friends with many of his colleges. I was really looking forward to it because I had not seen some of them since the summer and I have a great time with them. We were lucky to get a good friend of mine to take care of Isa (well Isa was in bed by 7pm...so all she had to do was make sure that she stayed in bed).

All I am going to say is OPEN BAR. As you can well imagine I took this a little too far (not that far) but just a smitch too far and wound up with a nice hang over the next morning. Thankfully I did not embarrass the Husband...that would not have been good. And bless her heart Isa understood and was kind enough to wake up at 7 am take her bottle, a change of diapers and go back to sleep 'till 9 am.

It has been such a long time since I have been hung over that I had forgotten how much I hate it and how it is so not worth it... Oh well at least I had a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spinning through your past posts... I still can't drink properly, having abstained throughout pregnancy and (mostly) through eight months of breastfeeding. And I used to be gooood at it, too. Need to embark on some heavy training.