Saturday, December 16, 2006

Let The Fun Begin

I AM ON VACATION!!!!

As you can imagine I am very excited to be on vacation for the next 3 weeks. The last time I had this much time off during Christmas was when I was in grade school ( I don't count my mat leave because I had a new baby to take care off).

So as you can imagine I am very excited and look forward to doing some work for the business (Baby Thoughts) and to get caught up with some house work (the never ending laundry and dishes)

I also have doctor and dentist appointments lined up for both Isa and I and I hope to get together with some friends for lunch.

I also hope to be able to get together with my moms group and the kids over the break, I was really worried that we would loose contact but we have been making a real effort to get together and now we see each other once a month. Being in this group has been my lifeline...I loved getting together with other women and just having a fun chat over decaf coffee (at the beginning and the real stuff later on). I loved that Isa had little friends to learn from and interact with. I just plain loved having the support and adult conversation.

Just this week we received news that the mother of one of the moms in the group passed away really unexpectedly. I really feel for my friend and her family...I really don't know how to best help her because I have never been through such a terrible loss. I am really afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing and hurting her. I know that I am probably being really dramatic but that is how I feel. I don't always know how to act or what to say to someone who is going through a lot of pain. Does this make me seem uncaring? I'm really not...I care a great deal about her and just hope to be able to communicate this.

Sorry for just rambling on and on about this but it has been on my mind.

So have you gone to check out her Bad Mother Auction? If you have not the bidding will close tomorrow so go and check it out and see if you would like to win something.

I am off to tackle the never ending laundry and messy kitchen...wish me luck.

ciao

1 comment:

Her Bad Mother said...

It's always hard to reach out to someone who's hurting, no matter what. So, no, not weird or bad. Just real.