Thursday, October 19, 2006

Yes...I am Still Alive

I know that I have not posted for quite some time now, mostly because I have been very busy at work and once I get home I have just soooooo much to do.

La Preciosa has also been taking up a great deal of my time since I like to spend the hour and a half that we have together every day playing with her. Also I have not had much to say and have felt quite blah.

I had written a post after our trip to my inlaws for thanksgiving but I thought that it was too harsh to actually post it so I deleted it. I can't believe that I had to censor myself but I don't want to hurt their feelings in case they should one day read this blog.

This year is going by really fast, Halloween is approaching and then before we know it its Christmas and 2007. I can't wait for the holiday season...this year La Preciosa will get to enjoy it just a little bit more and the grandparents will go insane. I have been thinking about creating our own family traditions just like the ones that I had with my parents. But she is still too young to truly appreciate them so I think that I will do it next year. There are a few that I intend to take from my own family and some from the husband's family, but I also want to have something that is just ours.

I am a very traditional girl at heart when it comes to Christmas. I love having the family over and having a big turkey dinner and opening gifts at midnight. Another tradition that we have in my family is that we make this special family stuffing that my brother and I LOVE. It takes a whole freaking day to make and lots of people. So this year I will invite my brother and his girlfriend over to our place and we can all make it. Last year my mom was in the country, my brother joined us and we all made it together and had so much fun. I am thinking that we will also put up the Christmas tree on this day as well...I wonder how La Preciosa will react to it? She will probably want to climb the thing or eat the ornaments.

I am so not looking forward to having to do further baby-proofing once she can walk. I bet that she will be getting into everything. I have been fortunate lately since she has not been very curious and once she knows what something is she moves on.

This year the husband and I have decided to get a big family gift and we have decided that we just have to get a digital video camera. La Preciosa is doing so many cool things that we really need to capture them all and this way she can see herself when she is older. There are times when I wished that our family had a video camera, we went on so many wonderful trips and had amazing family parties that I would have been nice to have a record of them.

I am also thinking that we will limit what we by the little one...I know that her grandparents are going to go crazy buying things for her and she really does not need more things. I want to buy her toys that can grow with her but I don't really know what they are. I am also thinking of putting away some of the toys that she has and only have a few out. That way I can bring them out later on and she will be surprices and happy to see them. I just have to get around to doing it.

Wow this has certainly turn into a very large post...I hope that you won't think that it is just verbal diarrhea. But if you do, don't tell me.

Thank you very much for listening, till later...

No comments: